Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Wednesday's Adventure

This morning we stuck to our potty "schedule".  After breakfast we played a bit and then headed for the bathroom.  I started the timer for 15 minutes and we began to read books, play with cars and work on our body parts game.  (Where's Anthony's nose?  Where's mommy's nose?  Where's Anthony head?  Where's mommy's head?  Etc.  He's getting REALLY good at it and today he pointed out his elbow and knee!  Yahoo!)  Towards the end of the 15 minutes he started to PEE in his potty chair!  Of course I started to sing, clap, give high fives and go all crazy.  He just sat there staring at me.  I picked him up, continued to sing and started dancing around.  He just stared at me.  We went out into the kitchen where I get him a "potty cookie" and a sticker for his bathroom poster.  He's now eating and just staring at me.  We then went back into the bathroom where he puts his chosen sticker on his "Anthony used the potty" poster (I know I'm a dork...) and I continued to make such a big deal out of it.  HE JUST STARED AT ME with no expression on his face.  
Isn't he suppose to be the one super excited?  Perhaps I'm taking all of this a bit too seriously? Or maybe that genuine excitement will "fire him up" for more potty moments?
I'm hoping today I can find some Sesame Street stickers or poster when I head into Monticello. Maybe that would be way more exciting than his mom going crazy?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's funny! He's thinking "relax, Mom! It's just a little wee wee in the toi toi!"

Anonymous said...

I wonder if he's thinking, "gee, Mom, why don't you act like that when you and daddy go pee in the potty?" hehehehe

Mara