Thursday, April 10, 2008

Karma

Mark recently had the opportunity to go to a Wild game with his buddy Charlie.  That morning he woke up puking and barely made it through our godson's baptism.  Needless to say, he didn't make it to the game and he was quite bummed to pass up a good time.  Later that night as he's still puking he has a revelation that it all boils down to karma.  
I should backtrack a bit in my story.  
When we lived in Red Wing Manda and Damon came to visit us the eve before their Wild hockey experience.  That night we had a good time playing games and drinking - some more than others.  Manda ended up being sick all night as well as the next day and blamed it all on "Mark's" Hard Lemonade.  In this situation Manda stayed back from the game and Mark got to go in her place.
This whole karma thing was a bit funny for me because, of course, Mark was basing it all off of a television show - My Name is Earl.   No surprises there, right?
Today, though, I am feeling a bit of Earl Hickey's karma in my own life.  I was so excited last weekend that we got no snow; it hit up north instead.  I'm really looking forward to spring and can do without the white stuff until next November.  
Crap.  
Karma.
The snow is here.
We're smack in the middle of this storm's path.


This was taken around 3:00 this afternoon.  I'm afraid to even look out the window tomorrow morning.  If I see 23 1/2 inches like what Grand Rapids got last weekend then I will REALLY know that Earl Hickey's karma is true and after me.
Good thing we put out the deck furniture, huh?!

I hope you get home safely, Lex!  I can't believe you have conferences on a night like tonight!

3 comments:

Team Tuttle said...

KARMA! I love it! Mark, I know that you probably would have LOVED to go to that game with Charlie; however, I would have also LOVED to join Damon with my Valentines present to him... I'm glad you sweethearts could enjoy the awesome seats! I am glad to hear that you're feeling 110% better! :)

Due to Process of Elimination,
Signed, Your FAVORITE Sister-In-Law ... Who never calls and bugs the Hanson Household

Erin said...

Yep, currently it's snowing and thundering here. Although we don't have the coating you do.

Emily said...

All we got down here in Owatonna is A LOT of rain. It was also thundering and lightning last night.

But its supposed to turn to snow later today.

:o(