Thursday, April 3, 2008

Thanks, BMS!

I honestly love my job and where I work as well as the people I work with.  BMS is a great place for me to be.  
I let my students and co-workers know we were adopting Anthony on Monday 2/25 and that my maternity leave would start the next day.   I was completely unprepared for what happened on Tuesday.  The day was filled with gifts, cards, and well wishes from everyone.  I never even thought that I would end up crying, but soon became overwhelmed with the generosity of so many giving individuals.  (Thanks, Gretchen, for keeping count of all those tear filled moments!)  
By the end of the day it became clear that we were more than prepared to bring Anthony home with us.  There was no need to make a quick trip to Target that night - we honestly had everything we needed from diapers to clothes to a pack and play.  I actually emailed Mark and told him we might need to rent a U-Haul to get everything home.  He thought I was exaggerating the whole situation.
Was I?  (Okay, maybe not a U-Haul, but my car was extremely packed that night...)

Yesterday the middle school had a Meet and Greet for Anthony.  (I specifically didn't want a shower because they had already done so much.)  It was a great time seeing co-workers and having them meet Anthony.  He was in prime Anthony form and had a great time meeting everyone, playing, and opening gifts.  
Yes, I said gifts.  It seems like the generosity of my  co-workers is never ending.  Again, I am so thankful to work with such wonderful people who obviously care so much.  It was a wonderful get together.   


Anthony was super excited about his new farm and wanted it to be opened at the party.  Unfortunately, he had to wait until daddy got home from work.  He LOVED the animals and all the sounds of the barn.  Great toy, Sandy!


As much as he loved the animals and barn he REALLY loved the box it came in.  Once he found it he played with it the rest of the night.  Oh the joys of being a child.


Mark helped him out by cutting out arm holes in his new box.  That made it even better and more fun to play with!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Next time I need an outfit updated I am coming to Mark. He looks like he is pretty handy with the sheers! The box is seriously the best part, but I must say, and I laughed and laughed...AJ looks like a Cabbage Patch Kid in the one picture....too funny!

Cheers-
lex