Friday, April 4, 2008

Outside Fun

After Anthony got up from his almost FOUR HOUR nap today we got right to enjoying the great outdoors.  We went to Monticello to go for a walk with the Feierabends as well as enjoy the park right by their house.  Anthony FINALLY likes swinging and had a hoot going down the slides too!  (I should mention that unfortunately there aren't any cutie patootie pictures of Anthony with his pals Ry and Cam.  I forgot my camera at home and didn't realize it until I was halfway to their house.  I decided not to turn around and opted to spend more time enjoying all of the wonderful weather.  I'm sure Jenn will post some pictures, though, under her What L & J Have to Say.)
The grill finally made its first appearance tonight and we had some yummy cheeseburgers for supper.  (Once again I love this time of year!)  Anthony obviously played hard because he ate everything on his plate like he was starving and we never feed him.  He's in love with pickles as well as condiments like ketchup and dip.  After cleaning up we headed out to the backyard for some more fun.

Just having fun hanging out with daddy and smiling for the camera!  (I think he's getting used to mommy always needing to take a photo of everything he does...)
Run, run, run, run!  
He spent a lot of time running around the backyard while I spent all of that time chasing him so he didn't hit a Zoey land mine.  Obviously we'll have to be on some serious poop patrol this summer.

He finally took time out to get a picture with mommy.  This is pretty rare.  I think there are only one or two pictures of just the two of us.  I should note that I haven't showered in two days and I also haven't shaved my legs in FOREVER! Gone are the days when that was a daily effort on my part...  (YES, he's trying to eat a rock.  It can't harm him that much, right?!?!)

Zoey loved all of the attention and being outside too!  Finally everyone was paying some much needed attention on her by throwing ball after ball after ball.  Even Anthony got into the action although it typically went right by her and wasn't that difficult to chase or catch. 
 
Today Mother Nature I LOVE YOU and am hoping for more beautiful days.  (I should mention that I am an optimist and already put out our deck chairs!)

2 comments:

LJFEIER said...

Did you actually BEAT me after all to the post? I thought for sure I had one on you. I even checked last night! Ugh. :)
I am also so excited for spring to be here and it's going to be warm again today... Ry got up at 5:30am this morning though so tiring him out didn't work so well after all. Figures.
Have a great weekend- you've inspired us to get the grill going again!

Unknown said...

Great pictures!! It was such a beautiful day yesterday and felt so nice to get outside. Looks like you all had fun hanging out in the back yard with the fam.