Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Clara Shower

Clara Lutheran Church is a small, rural church north of Deer River that Mark and I were married at over three years ago.  Before our wedding the ladies of the church threw us a shower, which ended up being so memorable for me.  We received many thoughtful, homemade gifts that I still use today and will forever treasure.  When the ladies learned that we had adopted Anthony once again they wanted to throw our family a shower.  Again it was a memorable and beautiful day.

The basement of the church was decorated with hats and balls.  Anthony was completely in love as soon as we walked in.  I have to admit that I was a bit worried because he wanted to throw the balls at the ladies.  Luckily Uncle Erik came during the party so he could have someone to play with and throw balls to.  In this photo we are playing my favorite party game - Dirty Dice.  (It was a bit hard, though, to steal things away from these sweet ladies.  I kept taking a homemade dish rag from Irja who is such a sweetheart.  In the end I did "win" it.  I am feeling a bit bad, though.  I think I'll mail it to her this week...)


Anthony had a great time!  Not only was he able to meet the ladies of Clara, but he also got to play with balls, eat a ton of pickles (check out the dirty shirt!), play piano with Uncle Erik, and he even said ERIK that afternoon!  Whew!  What a fun time.

It was great to see the ladies of Clara and talk with them.  I'm completely in love with that little country church and its members.  It's great to know most of them knew my paternal grandparents and have attended that church for decades.  It's rich in history and will always have a special place in my heart.  It was also nice to know that Grandma J - who past away two weeks before our wedding - was present to celebrate Anthony.  Call me crazy, but I know she was there.  Anthony was wandering around the pews and ended up sitting down in the exact spot Grandma always sat in. Coincidence or something more?

No comments: