Thursday, April 3, 2008

Taking a Timeout to Give Thanks

Tonight I am filled with a thankfulness towards my wonderful friends.  Ever since moving to Becker I have been blessed with a great network of co-workers/friends who have become very important in my life as well as "old" friends that continue to be a constant presence regardless of proximity and the chaos of life.  All of these friends have definitely been a major source of support through the entire adoption process and bringing Anthony home. Thanks for your visits, phone calls, gifts, prayers, willingness to listen and constant presence!  I appreciate all of you.  

The Feierabend family comes over to meet Anthony, bring a yummy meal and finish up the floor in his room.  THANK YOU, LUKE!  We appreciate your handyman skills!  (Tracy - THIS is our OLD table.  You'll have to come over to see our NEW table!)

Erin drives up with her boys to meet Anthony, have sloppy joes and some fun play time.  The highlight was the fact that CJ was trying to comprehend how Anthony was our child.  The concept of adoption is just too complex for a three year old to handle.


Joni has stopped by a couple of times after work to visit and she spent Easter with us too!  Her latest visit was this week and it is clear that Anthony is now COMPLETELY comfortable around her.  He started to kiss and lick her back. Interesting...

The Changas!  They brought Godfather's pizza - YUM! - and had a great time playing with Anthony.  Their energy level is contagious and we wished they didn't have to leave so soon. While backing out of the driveway Arnold was waving goodbye with the upper half of his body out the window.  That was definitely a highlight for Anthony.  He couldn't stop laughing and clapping.  Good job, Arnold!


Again, thanks to all of you who have befriended me in some way and on some level.  Know that you are all special and greatly appreciated by me.
Matt it was GREAT to hear from you tonight!  I realized how long it has been and that we DEFINITELY need to get together soon.  You are undoubtedly the best guy friend ever.
(I know all of this might be too sappy for some of you to handle; however, this is me.  I'm emotional and driven by my feelings.  I'm sure it doesn't come as too big of a surprise...)

4 comments:

Team Tuttle said...

Love the pictures of all the friends - yea! What a great network Anthony already has of people who love and support him! :)

Anonymous said...

I know I will get in trouble for saying this, but could Joni and the Changas get on the baby wagon, they both totally look ready for the leap...

This from a girl who asked Joni if having a baby out of wedlock is still bad....and yes, I was asking for myself....every month I am losing an egg....tick tock!

Cheers-
lex

The Hanson Hat Trick said...

You and your eggs, Lex!
Thanks for the chuckle before I head to bed.

LJFEIER said...

Seriously, could you get a better angle of me if you're going to put me on the web? No wonder I haven't worn that sweater since... :)