Thursday, April 17, 2008

An Anthony First

I suppose it shouldn't come as a huge shock that Anthony fell asleep while eating lunch today. If I were up at 1:30 for a diaper change and then cried out four times in the next 45 minutes I would probably be tired too.  It also didn't help that he was up and ready to go at 4:47.  (Luckily he laid in bed with me; however, he was wide awake the whole time as I tried to doze on and off.)

One moment he's screaming out "NUM-NUMS" and the next moment this is what I see.  He is hungry, but sleep has finally won over - darn heavy eyelids!  (I should mention the pink balls are not candy or chewing gum.  I decided to try some yogurt bites thing-a-ma-jiggies.  It would have helped if I had read the box first because they are basically pure sugar...)

Just trying to get comfy in the chair - darn tray keeps getting in the way!


I'm trying to get him cleaned up as quickly as I can, but it wasn't fast enough.  The rubbing of the eyes started as well as BIG crocodile tears.  Poor little man!  (Just to note: I DID put my camera away after this picture.  I didn't keep snapping just for the sake of having more pictures for the blog...)


So right now he's in his crib sleeping peacefully, right?  WRONG!  It's been over 30 minutes and he's talking away. How can a little boy go from being so tired to having another LONG conference with his teddy bears in his crib?  Silly goose!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Anthony looks awesome.... he is cho chweet!! And Tonja, don't feel bad about carrying the camera around and clicking it at every possible breath the kid takes... that is what most moms do.... all three of my sisters and my sister- in- law... plus my brother... they all did it... so you are not alone. Go ahead and capture all those precious moments and share them with us... it makes us feel like part of your family and super special... especially for people like me who are far far away from home. Awesome Pawsome, cutie patootie little man Anthony deserves nothing less than his wonderful mom's love!! Keep the love flowing and keep the pictures coming. I love 'em!!
Thanks for sharing... Choden.

Emily said...

Glad to see you back! When you didn't post for a day I started to get worried! Just kidding, not really. ;o)

Anonymous said...

I love it! Wouldn't it be great to be a kid again? Where falling asleep while you're eating is acceptable? :)