Thursday, April 10, 2008

The Best Teammate I've Ever Had

Honestly, this has been a challenging week for me as a mommy.  Anthony has been up every night around two to four hours crying and/or wanting to play.  Typically he just needs his diaper changed and he's good to go until the morning.  That certainly hasn't been the case this week.  I think everything got off kilter on Saturday when he only got a short hour nap for the day.  Ever since then his sleeping schedules have been all off and as the end of the week approaches I'm completely exhausted.
Tonight Mark had a long commute home because of the nasty weather on top of a busy day at work.  He walks in the door over an hour late with a smile on his face, a kiss for both of us and starts loving up his "Bubsy" right away.  They got right to playing together, had bath time, and practiced saying all of the fun words like ducky, adios, and cookie.  
At one point Anthony grabs one of his favorite books and sits down in daddy's lap.  It's at this point I well up with tears and grab my camera to capture this moment.  It's evident just how much Anthony loves his daddy and how awesome a daddy Mark has become in six short weeks. It's also evident to me how much of a team player Mark really is in our relationship.  He knows I'm tired and I'm trying my best, but there are limits to what I can do.  I'm so thankful we have become parents and that we get to do all of this together.  Everyone should be that blessed...

5 comments:

Team Tuttle said...

YEA! I hope you were able to rest a little when Mark got home - I know it has been a L-O-N-G week but you'll make it through because you're an awesome mom - with much patience and love! Stick with it and the rewards will be bountiful! :)

LOVE YOU!

Erin said...

Yes, sometimes Dad getting home is just what saves the day!

And speaking of Dad...Dude what happened to your pants - I sure hope you got some boxers or shorts on or something, at least some tighty whities.

Team Tuttle said...

Yeah, I'm with Lefebvre Part of 4... It looks as though Mark doesn't have much for clothing on... hmmmm....

The Hanson Hat Trick said...

Oh you two!
He's actually wearing shorts, but the photo looks a bit funny... I thought people would comment more on that god awful sweatshirt of his. It got ripped back in college and he decided to sew it. (Mark sewing? Those two words definitely don't belong in the same sentence together.)
IT IS THE WORST SHIRT EVER!!

meade said...

I didn't even notice Mark's bare legs but I DID notice the lovely sweatshirt...the image of Mark sewing made me laugh out loud! What a great picture of the two buddies together though!