Wednesday, April 30, 2008

How Will I Know?

Anthony is in size three diapers right now.  I've checked the packaging and know that they go up to 28 pounds; at his last doctor's appointment he weighed 26 pounds.  I kept wondering when we should switch him over to the next size.  How exactly would I know it's the "right" time?
Sunday after church Anthony was soaked - his onesie and pants.  I didn't think much of it.  I just thought perhaps he drank a lot of milk before the 8:30 service.  Then on Monday morning we went for a quick, less than two hours shopping adventure to the outlet mall and Target.  As we were leaving Target I realized he was soaked yet again.  His onesie was drenched and his jeans were wet in the front and the back.  I felt so bad for the covered in urine boy!  I ended up changing him in the parking lot and he rode home with just his shirt, coat, diaper and socks on.  Poor kid!
I guess I can stop wondering.  He really will let me know when it's time for things like a bigger diaper even though he can't talk.

You can totally tell I'm a new mom, huh?  All you pros out there are reading this and thinking I'm crazy for (1) even thinking it and then (2) for actually writing and posting this on my blog.  It's safe to say that Anthony has completely transitioned into our home and is doing wonderful.  I, on the other hand, am learning new things all of the time when it comes to being a mom.  :)

PS - Does anyone else have Whitney Houston singing in your head after reading the title for this blog or is it just me?

4 comments:

LJFEIER said...

... if he really loves me?
YES, I loved Whitney. And Tiffany. And Debbie. NOT TO MENTION NEW KIDS! :)

Erin said...

nope...didn't have the song in my head until you pointed it out...thanks.

On the diaper subject, sounds like he's ready for a bigger size. The thing that sucks about bigger sizes...you get less diapers in the package for the same price...jerks.

Ashley said...

1. I have had the same diaper dilemma and figured it out the same way you did, except my son let me know it was time to switch sizes by leaving me explosive poopie! So consider yourself lucky!

2. I sure did have that Whitney song in my head! Corny! :)

Heidi said...

Good grief! Luke is in a size 3 and he is 8 months. Anthony must have a tiny little bum! Hahaha!

The diaper sizes overlap by quite a bit (see below for Pampers Cruisers).

3 16-28 lbs
4 22-37 lbs
5 27+ lbs
6 35+ lbs
7 41+ lbs

If he is exploding, it is definitely time to move up! You may even be able to go to 5s!