Sunday, April 27, 2008

Sunday Thoughts...

Random thoughts to end the weekend with...
Happy birthday, Grandma Carol and Jenn!  I hope you are both enjoying your special day.  I've been thinking about you both all day long.
It's a girl!  This week I found out that our goddaughter, Ella, is going to be a big sister to a baby girl in September.  It was great fun waiting to hear the news on Wednesday and then being completely shocked.  I thought for sure Mol was going to have a boy for baby #2.  I am so happy for them and cannot wait to meet the new little one this fall.
This week marked two months that we've had Anthony and he also turned 20 months old on Saturday.  I wish I could just freeze this time period in our lives; it seems like everything is going by way too fast.  Currently he is in love with Elmo and everything Sesame Street as well as his dada.  He says dada constantly and loves being around Mark. It's so awesome to see. (Although I must admit it still would be nice to hear mama every once in awhile.  I guess I'm not that exciting because he spends all day with me and only sees his dada at night.)
On Saturday morning in less than ten minutes Anthony peed on his potty chair once again.  I was so excited because I thought for sure the first time was just a fluke.  Maybe not?  Again, I'm keeping my expectations low and we'll keep working on it...
This week is also the first time he started to walk up the stairs without crawling!  He's getting to be SUCH A BIG BOY!
Today we became members of a local Lutheran church.  It felt good to do so and know we will be helping to give Anthony a good foundation to his life.   Also, we've set the date for Anthony to be baptized as well as myself.  Cynthia will be coming to Becker to take part in the baptism as well as meet our family and friends afterwards.  I'm really looking forward to that special day in May.
"The Compact"  It is a way to save money, go green, help out the environment, etc. etc.  I first read about it on Kare 11's website and then in today's Star Tribune.  It's all about simplifying our lives and going beyond the act of recycling.  The principles to follow would be (1) You can't buy any new products of any kind (with the exception of food and toiletries) and (2) You need to borrow, barter or buy used items.  I wonder if the Hanson household could go off of the "consumer grid" for 12 months...  Could you?

1 comment:

LJFEIER said...

Thanks for the birthday wishes, Ton. You are a sweetheart.
I loved reading your basic update- it's been awhile! I'll see you this week, though.
About the "compact"-- isn't it interesting? You already do a good job with recycling my clothes! :)