Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Too Sweet

We have a routine that we follow every night as a family - eat supper, play together on the floor, bath time, read some books and then bedtime.  The three of us pray together and give thanks for all of the good throughout the day and remember the people in our lives.  Then comes the kisses.  Typically we just give Anthony kisses (he now does his open mouth kisses that are so sweet) and then family kisses where Mark and I kiss him at the same time.  For two nights in a row he puts his hands behind both of our heads to push us together so that we can kiss.  If we stop kissing he pushes us back together.  The best part is that he giggles and loves that we are kissing.  
I know it's something small, but I have to admit I love every new thing he does.  
I can't wait for the day when he's a teenager and grossed out by mom and dad kissing.  I'll have to remind him that he used to WANT us to kiss!  (Actually, I can wait for him to become a teenager.  He turned 19 months today and I wish that I could just freeze this time.  I don't want him to get any bigger right now!)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations guys, and Welcome Anthony!!! We will have to look into planning a family camping weekend this summer. Enjoy your little boy, what an amazing blessing for all of you!
-the clevelands

Unknown said...

How cute! You must want to kiss all the time just to watch Anthony's reaction and enjoy his giggles.

I love all the pictures of him you post, by the way. He is absolutely beautiful and he looks like a very happy little boy.