Thursday, March 20, 2008

Move over Dancing with the Stars!

After supper tonight I popped in the 80s cd that Tracy made for my fabulous 80s prom party awhile back.  I decided to go with #9 - MC Hammer - U Can't Touch This.  Anthony immediately starts dancing around so I decide to crank up the tunes, forget about the dishes and join him. He's got some SERIOUS dance moves!  After MC finishes up with the Hammer Time we switched to track #7 - New Kids on The Block (Oh yeah - I'm not joking!) - Hangin' Tough.  We brought out all of the moves and were jumping, running, and dancing around like crazy.  (Speaking of crazy, I'm sure the neighbors had quite a show since I still need to buy curtains for the living room.)  

I'm super excited about all of this because I now FINALLY have a dance partner when it comes to weddings.  I won't have to beg Mark or the rest of you to get up and join me on the dance floor!  The next family wedding is Joey and Steph's in January.  Anthony and I will have plenty of time to practice and come up with some good moves that will leave everyone in aaahhhh. We'll be like Monica and Ross on Friends and have a whole routine all planned out. 
 
Serious training will start tomorrow so we can impress everyone!  

PS: John - I know you thought you got some good footage of me dancing at Brian and Tiff's wedding; however, it's about to get even better with my new dance partner.  Make sure to have your batteries charged and ready to go in your camera!

3 comments:

mbain said...

That's awesome! Have you seen the trend of doing the "Thriller" dance at wedding receptions? Do a search on YouTube and you'll find dozens of videos. Perhaps something for you and the little man to work on for the next few months!

PS: email me your email address - I have something to send you and I must have something wrong...

Maira said...

Hansons,
Meade shared your exciting news and we are thrilled for you!

Maira and Brian Simonson

Unknown said...

Hilarious! It sounds like your little man just overflows with energy! Kids are so funny.