Thursday, March 20, 2008

Our "Marley" Wannabe


I'm in love with the thought of SPRING even though it snowed earlier this week and more snow is expected tomorrow. Spring time means longer days, nice weather and FAMILY WALKS! Family walks typically are a nightly occurrence in the Hanson household.  I must admit, though, they aren't always that enjoyable.  I had envisioned getting a dog and going for leisurely walks. WRONG!  Zoey loves to pull (she thinks she is a sled dog in the Iditarod and tries to mush us to the finish line) and as an added bonus she loves to try and "attack" every car that drives by. Needless to say, family walks have always been interesting since her arrival and walks with myself and her are non-existent.  (I would like to have my shoulder intact to my arm the rest of my life...)

Mark's great idea was that I could walk Anthony in his new WONDERFUL stroller and attach Zoey to the front so all three of us could go during the day.  (What?!?!? I hope you are thinking the same thing right now or at least laughing out loud!)  Zoey would be out in traffic causing major accidents while Anthony and I would be dragging behind her.  All of us would end up in the ER and be traumatized for life.  Mark didn't see it that way...  

So just for fun on our first walk together I got out the camera and asked Mark to push the stroller and hold onto Zoey while I ran up ahead to snap a photo.  He soon realized it wouldn't be that easy to manage both and Zoey wasn't even attached to the front!  Zoey, as you can see, wanted to go out where potential cars would be because it's fun to live on the edge!  While Mark was yanking her back into line the stroller was going all kiddywampus.  (Is that even a word?!)  It was quite the scene.  

Needless to say, just the little man and myself will be walking during the day.  Zoey, the musher, will need to stay home and wait for her dad.  Unless we wanted to go back for some more doggie training for the Wonder Dog to whip her into shape. HHhmm... Maybe she wouldn't fail and get kicked out this time around???

PS - If you haven't read about Marley you really ought to!  You'll laugh, you'll cry and through it all you won't want to put the book down.  Check it out.

2 comments:

meade said...

I laughed just looking at the picture and I hadn't even read your journal yet...I could just see how much it was to handle the dog AND the stroller! I've been loving the pictures and all your wonderful thoughts and stories!
Looking forward to a visit!
Meade

The Hanson Hat Trick said...

MEADE!
I'm so glad you are visiting our new site. I'm looking forward to getting together as well. I'm sure you had great fun at the Dick-Tulek wedding. :) I'll have to hear all about it later on.
Happy Easter to you and your family.