Tuesday, June 24, 2008

The Next Minnesota Twin?

For about about a week now Mark and I have been playing catch after dinnertime in the backyard.  It's been fun and I've even been told that I don't throw like "a girl" by my husband. Thanks, I think...  Zoey has absolutely loved the action and gets super tired because she constantly chases the ball.  (Maybe this is even better exercise than going for a walk!  Less painful too!)  Anthony has also enjoyed the whole glove and ball experience.  Tonight he wore his glove and stood by me like he was involved in the whole game, which was super cute.  Of course his attention was easily diverted and he had to go check out the tree instead, but it was still fun to have him involved.

Since Anthony always wears his glove as a hat Mark had to give him a little lesson on the actual use of a glove!


He figured it out and is ready to play!  Perhaps he'll be the next Joe Mauer?  Or wear #13 like his dad did and play for the Bulldogs.  I'm definitely looking forward to the day when he can join in with us and play too.


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cutie!!

~Mara

Ashley said...

He is such a doll! And I adore the picture on the left with the hair sticking up - makes me laugh. :)

Maria said...

Anthony is so cute in that Twins onesie and the socks and shoes! Hilarious! Sounds like you're having a great summer as a family. I can't wait until I have stories of playing catch with Eli! It's so fun to read your blog because it always reminds me of what I have to look forward to with my little boy! Take care!

Unknown said...

Anthony is the CUTEST little boy I've ever seen, I swear! Next to my nephew, of course. :) Fantastic pictures. He looks like a natural! I showed one of my coworkers and we agreed that he looks much older than his 1 1/2+ years. We'd put him at about 4 years old if we didn't know any better. But don't worry mom, it'll take a while for him to get there.

hellokittycar said...

Look at those adorable little legs, I think as adults we have really forgotten the appeal of the onesie and I think we should bring it back....it makes every baby look adorable, I think it would work on us as well.... Hmmm, maybe I will have to design a line and that will be how I make my millions! Oh wait, they have adult onesies....they were body suits in the 90's, and now that I am remembering the snaps in the crotch were no fun! OKay, scrap that, I will have to think of another way to help everyone pay for college for the tots! Thanks for the great posts!