Sunday, June 1, 2008

Anthony's Big Plan

Grandma and Grandpa Hanson came down today to watch Anthony this week while I finish up at work.  He was excited to see them and even more excited to bring them out to the backyard to say thank you for the pool they bought him.  I'm convinced he had a plan even before we walked out the deck door...

This picture is innocent enough.  Right?  He's just touching the water and trying to express just how much fun he had playing in his frog this afternoon.


Yep.  He's in the pool.  It started off with a foot in the water with his sock and shoe on.  Daddy took off both socks and shoes and this was the result. (In case you were wondering today was a multiple change of outfits day.)


After much "talking" as well as pushing and pulling Anthony finally got daddy to join him in the pool too.  HOW FUN!  (I wonder if all three of us can fit in there?  I'm sure we will find out sometime this summer.) 


Once again, the smile says it all.  He might be drenched and have the heaviest diaper of all time, but he is clearly having so much fun.



His first display of public nudity...please don't call the cops!  He was stripped of his soggy clothes, but got away from me before I was able to wrap the towel around him.  I'm convinced that he really did have this all planned out from the moment Marv and Carol walked in the door.

I cannot help but to smile as I see these pictures and post this blog tonight.  Motherhood is full of struggles and there has been several times I've second guessed myself since February. However, all of the struggles and second guessing is worth it!  Anthony truly is amazing and I love everything that comes with being Anthony's mama.  We are so blessed.

4 comments:

Erin said...

too cute, be warned the water play never gets old. I also commented today on CJ's multiple clothing changes. I think we ended up with 6 outfits today!

meade said...

Super cute pictures! Looks like the frog pool is a big hit...I imagine Anthony will enjoy it the whole summer!

Team Tuttle said...

I can't wait to join Anthony in the pool - yea! I'm telling ya - the kid is a water bug! :)

Unknown said...

Adorable pics! Anthony has such an expressive face. It must not be too hard for you guys to tell how he's feeling. He was clearly in heaven that day. I love it! What a great gift - he'll never tire of it.