Saturday, June 21, 2008

Garage Sale

This weekend was the third annual friends' garage sale, but it was the first time Mark and I "hosted" the big event.  It may sound really goofy, but the June sale is always a fun time to get together, sell some unwanted "stuff" and spend lots of time chatting and enjoying the beginning of summer.  This year was no exception.
On Thursday the majority of the items were dropped off and we started to set up shop.  Several people ended up staying throughout the evening and we had a little impromptu gathering.  It was great fun to spend time together and have the kids play in the backyard.  
Overall, the past two days have been very successful and lots fun.  

I forgot/was too busy to take photos of my friends during our sale; however, I happened to snap a few before and afterwards that are pretty cute.
Anthony got a chance to finally play with the cutie patootie Zimmer kids - Clara and Mason. They spent the whole afternoon in the backyard playing in the sand box and the frog pool only taking breaks to gets some snacks.  Hopefully we'll be able to get together again sometime soon!


Anthony loves freezies, but has some trouble figuring out how to actually eat it.  I think most of it ended up on the ground even though Alexis was trying to help him out.  Oh well!


Luckily, Dada was here all day today to watch the little man. (However, I think Anthony and Zoey are doing more "watching" than Mark is in this picture.) On Friday I had to scramble to get a babysitter (actually TWO babysitters) to watch him.  Obviously I am a new mom still and didn't realize how much a 21 month old would love to tear through a garage disrupting everything.  Next year I'll be sure to get a babysitter right away!


2 comments:

Maria said...

Sorry I didn't make it to the garage sale--family obligations (see my blog). Hope you had a great time!

Summer's sure flying by, isn't it? Hope to run into you soon--take care!

Team Tuttle said...

I love the picture of Mark 'watching' Anthony - how funny! :) I think my favorite part is Zoey getting some shade under Mark - what a goon. Oh, and then there is Anthony looking completely angelic in the sandbox... this truly was a great capture with the camera! :)