Monday, July 14, 2008

Wild Rice Festival

On Sunday we headed to my hometown so Anthony could experience his very first Wild Rice Festival with family and friends.  The highlight was definitely the parade, which had tons of tractors, motorcycles and horses for him to look at.  (I actually was surprised the parade had so many "floats" and so much candy thrown out.  I guess it has been awhile since I attended and my memory was a bit fuzzy.)

Here Grandma Kathy and Anthony were taking a little break from picking up all that candy! He definitely enjoyed this parade more than the Becker one and knew right away that the candy on the street was to be picked up.  It was fun to sit back and watch him!

The Arlts came with us as well!  Clara Bell did a great job of picking up the candy - minus the chocolate ones! - and filling up her bag.  It was fun to hang out with her and see her excitement. 

Auntie Manda and Anthony waiting for the next thing to come down the street. 


Manda and her two godsons - Gage, 3, and Anthony.  She had lots of fun being with both of them and creating some special memories.

It was fun to bring Anthony to the smallest - uh, I mean LARGEST - Wild Rice Festival.  The amazing part was I hardly knew anybody there.  I guess a lot changes when you've been out of school for ten plus years and you move away from your hometown.  Between Manda and my parents, though, there were lots of stops along the way.  They know EVERYBODY.

No comments: