Sunday, July 6, 2008

Finally!

For several summers we have been invited to visit the Feierabends at their cabin on Sand Lake. For whatever reason it hasn't ever worked on in the past.  This year, though, we made plans to get together on Saturday afternoon.  I was shocked to find out it was a quick ten minute drive down 46 and over on 35.  In that short time period Anthony fell asleep and never woke up, which was a shock.  Usually when he sees Ry and Cam he forces himself to get up so he can play; however, he was up until 11:30 the night before.  I guess it shouldn't have been too big of a shock.  
The cabin is beautiful and has that great pine (right, Luke?) smell.  The view, though, is absolutely amazing.  It's the reason you head up north and get away from traffic, work and all things city.  It was nice to finally see their little get away and have a chance to hang out.

Luke and Jenn have an extremely busy July planned with a trip to the cabin, then out west and finally over to Wisconsin Dells.   It was nice to spend a small chunk of time with them in a relaxed setting.  I can definitely imagine visiting the cabin again in the future!  


Oh, Cam-a-Roo!  Notice anything peculiar on this 15 month old?  After two weeks of consulting with their family doctor, getting x-rays and helping Cam move around they found out his leg is broken after taking yet another trip into the clinic.  (Thank God someone finally figured it out.) As you can see, though, it clearly isn't slowing him down too much.  Although, not being able to go swimming definitely is NOT FUN. 


Ry is looking very serious driving his Team Feierabend car, which is probably why he didn't want to look up at the camera.  Understandable.  It was fun getting to watch the boat parade with him and spend time down on the dock.  The day was absolutely beautiful!  


Are you lovin' this family photo opp?  In true camping style we haven't showered, but have had plenty of fun in the sun.  Perhaps we should have gotten rid of the blue balls before taking the picture.  
 

Lastly, I need to post a picture of the fish I wish I had caught.  (This was Luke's dad and grandpa's catch of the morning.)  While down on the dock I started to fish with Cam using the Cars fishing pole.  It soon became a bit of an obsession for me and I realized just how much I've missed dropping a line into the water.  I ended up catching two sunnies and one perch, which completely made my day.  Even though they weren't keepers by any means it was great fun.  


1 comment:

LJFEIER said...

Really, did you have to show those poor fish that lost their lives? I don't go near that process, but I must say I did enjoy the fish fry that followed!
Thanks again for coming out, Ton & fam. See you soon!