Thursday, July 31, 2008

We're HOME!

It has felt so good to be home this past week and spend time together as a family.  I quickly realized how much I have missed our routine and how much I love being Anthony's mom and Mark's wife.  Anthony has absolutely loved all of his dada time too.
On Monday night we sort of celebrated our arrival home with a yummy meal and a walk to get some ice cream.  (Now that I've typed that it sounds a bit crazy.  We got some exercise, but ate ice cream in the process.  Oh well!)  

Anthony tried corn on the cob for the first time.  It was fun watching him eat, smile and then go in for some more.  I'll have to make it again this summer because he ended up loving it so much.



What a mess!  I realize this isn't the best photo, but I do like it for some reason.  After getting our ice cream, sitting down to eat it (or put it all over our faces - he was an absolute sticky mess) we came home to play in the backyard.  We had lots of fun playing catch, going in and out of Tuggy the sandbox and then directly into the new pool dada bought while we were gone.  


It definitely feels good to be home...

2 comments:

Ashley said...

That picture scares me as it looks like he has a major bloody nose instead of a face covered in ice cream!!!

Emerson, Brockton and Marquette Hare said...

We're glad to see you are home and getting back to regular life. What a summer you guys have had. CRAZY! Hope there are no more "surprises" in store for you...well at least only good ones!