Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Welcome Adulthood and New Furniture


The new living room furniture is here and I officially feel like an adult now. Sure there have been hints of adulthood along the way --- getting married, adopting Anthony, getting a master's degree, opening up a Roth IRA account, etc. --- but THIS makes it official somehow. To think that we're moving beyond college furniture into the next phase of life is pretty exciting. (Yes, you naysayers, we could have done this eons ago, but anyone who knows me would know that I'm all about saving and working my way up to certain things. Goofy? Probably. But definitely me!) On top of all of that, I know that I'm truly a full-fledged adult now because I was delighted to get the carpets clean before the new furniture came! Yikes! Kind of crazy, huh?
Yes, adulthood may come with some headaches and lots of bills, but this venture into a comfortable and grown-up living space has been wonderful.

6 comments:

Maira said...

I'm in love with that chair!

The Hanson Hat Trick said...

Thanks! Mark still isn't completely sold on it, but I'm enjoying lots of reading time in it!

Sara said...

WOW Tonja! I love the new furniture! What a great compliment to your home. Enjoy!

Team Tuttle said...

It's about time... I love it! I can't wait to try it out! :)

Erin said...

I love it too! Yippee for big girl/boy furniture. We just bought a new dining room set which will arrive tomorrow. And after I see yours a little in the picture, we may just have matching vans AND matching dining room sets. I love the chair, definately a good one for reading.

Anonymous said...

Love it! Makes me want new furniture for our upstairs - ours is ratty!!

~Mara