Thursday, August 6, 2009

Fun at Como

Today A and I headed to St. Paul to visit the animals at Como Zoo and an old friend from Red Wing, Siri, too. WOW! What a beautiful area and wonderful FREE attraction. I would highly recommend going if you've never been there. It doesn't disappoint. (I still cannot believe it has taken us so long to visit...)
Anthony was hoping for some bears to pet (that's what he kept saying on the drive to the zoo), but loved looking at all the other animals and getting in a couple of rides on cars and a horsie too. The favorite today would have to be the giraffes. A wasn't really into them so much --- he was more interested in eating his goldfish. However, Siri and I enjoyed them immensely. They are such amazing creatures with great personality. (The only downside is that I wish they had more room to roam. Their area just seems so confining, but I guess that's the whole point of a zoo, huh?!)
After the zoo we found a KFC and enjoyed some lunch and more conversation. Anthony had been quite subdued the whole morning, but he definitely warmed up and Siri got to see the true side of a toddler! It was great fun to watch her non-momma reactions to his dancing, goofy looks and ants-in-the-pants, can't-sit-down behavior. I think next time she'll be ready to change a diaper!

Mr. Personality!

The giraffe was playing peek-a-boo with us.

Thanks for getting together today, Siri, and coming up with the zoo idea! It really was great to see you. Now let's not wait another two years or longer to do it again. Seriously!

1 comment:

Team Tuttle said...

That looked like a good time... maybe I would enjoy it more than Valleyfair. Um, probably not but I'm still game!