Monday, August 18, 2008

What are the Chances?

In the past seven years I have taught over 800 middle schoolers.  There have been so many wonderful students who were a joy to have in class and helped to make teaching a career I love. 
Every year, though, there are certain students that stand out for various reasons.  
Saturday night at a completely packed grandstand full of derby watchers Mark finds and points out a former student.  This student is remarkable and one I will never forget.  He was the only student I have ever had that would eat a handout before I could get back to the front of the classroom or eat half of his comb on picture day while standing outside for a fire drill. He even went so far as to lay on the floor and seductively lick his desk in another class.  (I don't think I have ever laughed so hard at a reenactment!)
What are the chances that I would run into any former student let alone this one way up in GR? 
Bizarre.

No comments: