Saturday, August 30, 2008

Plan B?

Plan A for me is to work as a 7th grade English teacher.  In the past seven years there have been many highs and lows, but overall I have loved my job and career choice.  
However, lately I have been thinking about other options or my Plan B.  What else could I do? For some reason being a secretary sounds very appealing.  I think I could do a splendid job of answering phones, dealing with customers and keeping the office organized and running smoothly.
What would it be like to be a professional dog walker or the Captain Morgan who goes around visiting bars and promoting the beverage?  How about a train conductor, movie reviewer or personal shopper?  
Have you ever thought of your Plan B?  
Please share!  

5 comments:

Erin said...

First and foremost Mr. Petrich would be mortified at your secretary comment! And to answer your questions, plan B...hmmm...computer geek - although I'm probably already a computer geek, but by profession would be plan B

Emily said...

I've thought about this question before and I honestly don't know what my plan b would even be. As soon as I knew that sitting on the computer making things look pretty was an actual job. That people actually got paid for doing it. And such a career was called being a graphic designer, I knew thats what I wanted to do with my life.

I honestly don't know what I would even want to do otherwise. Any ideas?

Ashley said...

I have been thinking a lot lately about my plan B. Teaching in a elementary school classroom is just not an option for me up here at the moment, and the job I'm in now is definitely not where I want to be forever. I have also considered secretarial work as I am anal and love being organized. And I enjoy writing and movies so I think it'd be really fun to be a movie reviewer as well. It seems that you and I have had some eerily similar thoughts lately...

Jo said...

I have also very seriously considered being a secretary and they have the same benefits as we do in our school. I have also looked at several options because being a famous artist seems to be a slow process.
What I am really hoping for is a benefactor. That could really pick up my life a bit.

Team Tuttle said...

I'm living "Plan B"... I've always wanted to 'help people' but could never be more specific than that. I absolutely LOVED working at the YMCA but I knew that some day when Damon and I were ready to have kids - it wasn't practical to be working 50-60+ hours a week with a family. I wanted to start learning how to put my family first before I added kids to the mix. I work as an Office Manager at a Garden Center and LOVE IT! I also get to play around with my real passion - capturing lifes moments. Life is too short... if "Plan B" sounds more appealing - I guarentee, it will reap HUGE benefits for you and your families. :)