Sunday, August 24, 2008

A's Mommies

We were very excited that Cynthia and Jim would be able to attend Anthony's birthday party. The last time we were able to get together was back in June, which seems like such a long time ago now.  Even though Anthony was completely over stimulated and there were a lot of people at his house he still recognized Cynthia and took time out to be with her. It definitely is nice to know that he remembers his birthmommy and that she holds a very special place in his heart as well as ours.  Once again, there are so many wonderful moments and opportunities that come from an open adoption. Cynthia is so loved by us and she truly does feel like family.

This is my favorite photo of the two of them.  He kept looking back and smiling.  I know he, too, was happy she could be there for his big day.


Anthony's mommies!  It's not the best photo, but I believe we are slowly getting there! Hopefully one of these days we will have a great photo of the three of us that will be frame worthy.

Again, not the best photo, but it does capture the day and our time spent together.  I'm glad they were able to make the trek to our house to celebrate and was bummed when they had to leave.  We talked and our next get together will be in December when we celebrate Christmas together.  I have to admit that I'm a bit sad.  Even though I know Cynthia and I will talk often between now and then I also know that I will miss her.  She is such a wonderful person who gave us the tremendous gift of becoming parents.  The love I have for her is so strong and the connection we have made is definitely lifelong.  It just feels so natural and easy when we're together.  The exciting part is that there will be more gatherings and that Anthony will always know his story as well as his birthmommy.  That's what really matters.    


1 comment:

Unknown said...

It's so nice that Cynthia could be there and that she's a part of all of your lives. You're so lucky that everything has worked out so well. What a special day!