Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Spandex Drama

Tomorrow Anthony and I are going to the local pool to try some water time.  (That's the plan at least; hopefully everything goes okay in the morning.)  He loves the bathtub so I'm hoping the pool will be a success too.  We'll see.  
In anticipation of tomorrow's pool adventure Mark and I decided to have him try on his new gear.  He didn't mind the life jacket at all; he walked around with it on and there weren't any major breakdowns over it.  The second get-up was a whole different story.  I'm not sure if it was the one piece outfit or the suckin' tight spandex or something else, but he really freaked out while wearing it.  He pulled, tugged and grabbed at the fabric meanwhile crying and going crazy.  Of course I had to snap some photos...

He's trying to figure out a way to get it OFF!  Unfortunately, pulling his shorts up didn't help. 

I love this photo!  He's crying, running around trying to get it off and looking so Richard Simmons in the spandex. How sporty!

I'll be sure to write an update tomorrow and let you know how it goes at the pool.  I've decided that he'll just wear his swimming shorts so we avoid any extra drama.  Hopefully.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am laughing my head off! Poor guy!!! Too-much spandex around the toddler junk!! :) The Richards Simmons reference nails it! For what its worth, both girls hated all of the "floatie wear". The worst were the ones with the safety strap that goes between their legs. We wanted it tight so it could do its job, however I remember Reagan yelling, "but it gives me a HUUUUUUGGGGEEEEEE SNUGGIE!" She was right - front and back snuggies. Ouch! Be sure to post after the pool tomorrow!

~Mara

Team Tuttle said...

That is too FUNNY! I love the picture of him running crazy! Poor guy... I certainly don't blame him - who likes spandex? Especially in the Johnson family?? :)

Erin said...

That is too funny, maybe he's thinking "if I just run around a bit it'll loosen up"

Emily said...

Yes, mara put it perfectly: Too much spandex around the toddler junk. LoL

Good thing you guys decided to do a dress rehearsal before you went to the pool!

Unknown said...

Hilarious! He must have been so frustrated. His displays of emotion are so clear. I love it. I feel bad for him though - poor thing. It was definitely a good idea to sample the gear before hand.