Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day

Mother's Day has always been a special and meaningful day for me.  When I was younger our family would celebrate mom at our lake lot while we camped/fished and "surprise" her with gifts.   It was always good to take time out and let her know how much I appreciated her (and still do!).  Then once I got married I had another mother (in-law) to celebrate and appreciate on this special day. Luckily for me I hit the jackpot with Carol; she's amazing, loving and very giving.  
This year, though, will always be a very special Mother's Day for me because it is my first.  I grew up wanting to be a mom and it was hard to go to all of those doctor's visits hearing that it probably wouldn't happen. Anthony entering our lives has truly been a gift from God; the sweetest gift I could have ever received.  My dream of becoming a mother has come true and I'm so grateful.
Thank you, Cynthia, for being Anthony's birth mommy and having such a special place in our lives.  You are so loved, admired, appreciated and thought of each day by me.  I appreciate your selflessness and obvious love for Anthony. Every year on this day I will give thanks I'm a mother as well as celebrate you and your courage.   It is because of you that my deepest wish came true.  

Thank you to everyone who thought of me and did something to make my day special.  I appreciated the cards mom, Jenn, Jess from CA, Manda and Ella & Mol.  Thanks for the call, Rach (You're getting SO GOOD at communicating!) and Manda; I appreciated the text message, Shannon.  Thanks for stopping by Joni to talk and wish me a great weekend.  I loved the card and gift, Mark and Anthony, as well as our beautiful Sunday spent together as a family.  Most touching of all was the call I received this afternoon from Cynthia wishing me a great, first Mother's Day.  (How utterly amazing, huh?) She truly is more than I could have ever asked or hoped for in a birth mother.  As our relationship grows and deepens I continue to feel more and more grateful for her presence in my life.  I love you, Cynthia.

To all of the moms out there - I hope you enjoyed your special day.  Thank you for your influence in my life and helping me along the way as I learn about being a mom too.  You're all appreciated by me.

4 comments:

Emily said...

Why do your posts always make me teary eyed?

As always, I was thinking of all of the mom's that I know in my life and I kept thinking about you and Anthony and how special this Mothers Day must have been for you!

Unknown said...

Happy (belated) 1st Mother's Day Ton! What a special day it must have been for you. Thanks for sharing your thoughts with a very sweet post. Little Anthony is lucky to have you as a mom. :) Love you!

LJFEIER said...

I'm glad I waited until after school to check this- since I'm crying and all!!! You are such a wonderful person in word and deed and noone deserved this more than you and Mark. :)

Anonymous said...

Happy First Mother's Day, Tonja! I'm thought of you on Sunday and KNEW that it was an extra-special day for you!

~Mara