Thursday, May 15, 2008

Pool Time

Well the verdict is in.  Anthony LOVED the pool this morning!  It helped that he immediately saw balls in the water as well as in a bin; he was hooked and ready to play.  It was also nice that we were the only two people in the pool - he didn't get splashed or spooked on his first try.  (However, I felt bad for the life guard who was bored to tears by us...) I was surprised with how brave he was when walking into the deep water and how he really didn't mind  floating on his back.  It will be fun to take swimming lessons this summer as well as go to the beach.  I think he's going to love being in the water. 
The only drama that happened this morning occurred not with Anthony, but with myself.  Does anyone else hate - I MEAN HATE - having to try on summer clothes AND your swim suit after a long Minnesota winter.  Ugh. Not a pretty sight.

3 comments:

Emily said...

YES! I do hate it. Nothing shows how much winter weight you gained like trying to squeeze into last summers capri pants!

But one thing I noticed when I tried on my swimsuit before I went to Arizona was how my boobs seem to have gotten bigger. They were practically falling out my swimsuit top. I'm sure this is TMI but its one discovery that I'm not going to complain about. Although, with the boobage was some extra "muffin top" that wasn't there last summer.

Anonymous said...

WOW, there seems to be a lot of crying and drama going on!! Better have AJ trained by the time I move back or time with Auntie might be cut short. (Only kidding - well partly, you know me). Gotta love swimsuit season!! Good luck with the task at hand.

Unknown said...

Yay! Pool and beach time will be so much fun!

Ugh, I agree. I'd like to throw my swimsuit away and never put one on again. There's quite a bit of cellulite and flab that loves to reveal itself this time of year. Keeps me motivated to get moving, though, so I guess it's not ALL bad.