Friday, May 9, 2008

I Shouldn't Complain...

I cannot believe this is my last full week home with Anthony before I have to go back to work. My adoption leave and having the ability to stay at home for 12 weeks has been wonderful. I'm glad I was able to devote this time to Anthony and help him transition (as well as Mark and I). The good news is I only have to go back to work for eleven days before summer break starts. (I know, I really shouldn't be complaining.)  And when I go back he'll be spending his days getting to know his grandmas while they watch him.  Day care won't start until the fall.  How great is that?  I'm just sad to see this chapter in my life pass by.  When I look back on the last three months it has been quite a whirlwind starting on President's Day when we got the call from our social worker. A wonderful, crazy, emotional whirlwind that I feel immensely grateful for.  
I guess I'm just really amazed at how quickly life passes by.  I'm also a bit nervous because right now I'm living in a bubble of sorts.  I'm really worried about how I will balance my family and teaching and every other responsibility on my plate. I guess I'll get a quick preview of it starting next week and then wait for the juggling act to begin next fall.

No comments: