Saturday, September 4, 2010

Paul Bunyan Land

This morning Mark and Anthony traveled to Paul Bunyan Land in Brainerd so I could spend some much needed time on making lessons for the upcoming school year. The boys left with a backpack of treats, a just-in-case change of clothes and the camera. Mark knew I was sad that I had work to do as well as excited to get a chunk of time to map out the year.
Before they left he promised to take pictures.
When they came back Anthony was completely zonked out and the camera held over twenty photos showcasing their daddy and son adventure. After downloading all of them, I must admit that I'm very impressed that Mark - Mr. UNphotogenic, Do-you-have-to-take-a-picture-of-EVERYTHING, Tonja? - took the time to take these shots.

Meeting Babe
Mark said he was afraid of big Paul Bunyan.
Riding Babe
A went on many rides and this was by far his favorite.
(Even though his face gives you no indication of joy.)
Apparently he went on it three times in a row being there wasn't a line of kids.

The statues were scary, but he was willing to get his picture taken by this cowboy.
I love the shoulders up pose!
Lizzy was there along with Doc Hudson and other cool old cars.

I love the fact that I got the entire year mapped out with each unit, the boys got to spend some quality time together and, in the end, I got proof of their adventure. What a hubby! I'm looking forward to the rest of our weekend together --- going to the pool/water slide, movie with popcorn night and A's first "back to school" pick-the-restaurant-of-your-choice to celebrate.

2 comments:

Team Tuttle said...

Those are some fun pictures - I too am proud of Mark and his abilities! I'm also glad they had a good time - it looks like a fun daddy/son day! :)

Ashley said...

I have yet to get there with either my own kids or the kids at school. Hopefully next summer we'll make the short trip over. I can totally see Jackson being afraid of all that big stuff, though!