Monday, September 27, 2010

A Family in Need

Back in February I wrote this post about a family in Becker:

A family in Becker recently had a tragic accident forever change their family and since then I have been checking their CaringBridge site to get daily updates. I had their oldest daughter Madie in class and my heart goes out to her and all that she's going through as well as her two sisters. When I read her mom's postings it takes me back to everything my family went through when my dad went through his terrible accident years ago. Even though I missed my parents and was terrified about what was going to happen to my dad, I was constantly shown the power of love. My mom never left my dad's side. She was there everyday taking care of him full of hope, faith and love that everything would turn out in the end. I cannot imagine all that my mom went through now that I am a wife and a mother; my heart goes out to Jennifer as I read her entries and know that she is in pain watching her husband go through all of this. Her writings are full of faith, Bible verses and a positive attitude in the midst of all that is going wrong. Yesterday he spoke her name for the first time in almost two weeks and I was elated. Their story brings me back to the reality of life; anything can happen at any moment. Life as I know it right now could look drastically different in a blink of an eye. Everyday I pray for the Edlings and all they are going through right now. I also make sure I give thanks for all of the wonderful blessings in my life.

How much pain and heartache can a family go through? I often think about this exact thought when praying for them and keeping them in my thoughts. It's just such a sad story. Mark and Jennifer are just a few years older than Mark and I. They have three beautiful girls. What a tragic situation to have to deal with and overcome.

Unfortunately this family is still suffering and my heart continues to go out to them. Back in July Jennifer's brother, Jason, got into an accident - very similar to her husband - which has left him in a coma with a traumatic brain injury. She now is dealing with two severe injuries with two people she loves greatly.

Today I received such sad news that once again involves this family. There was a one car accident yesterday that killed Jennifer's nephew, her brother who is in a coma stepson and a student who I had in Becker my first year of teaching.

I cannot imagine what this family is going through right now or where their thoughts are at. Their lives right now seem to be a snowball of horrible accidents. How do they continue on with hope and faith and love? What could I even begin to do to show my support?

Today was a reminder to give thanks for all the blessings I have in my life as well spend time in prayer for others who are struggling right now. There is a God and He is with the Edling/Treptau family even though all of this seems so confusing, sad and just too much for one family to have to endure. Please keep them in your prayers; they need as much help as they can get right now.

No comments: