Monday, December 29, 2008

Completely Inspired

I found out on Saturday while catching up with the Kare 11 website that my former facilitator while I completed my master's program, Amy Taylor, died at the age of 34 from cancer. Needless to say, I was a bit shocked and in a state of denial.
It wasn't because I had a remarkable relationship with her or because I knew her extremely well. Rather, it was because after hearing her story I was in awe that I was able to be in her presence for two years of her short life.

If you had the key/magic potion to solve any world problem,
which problem would you solve/fix?

My potion would suck out fear, loneliness, hopelessness, insecurities, apathy, and greed in people. Then it would replace those characteristics with faith, love, hope, confidence, conviction, and compassion. Just imagine what the world would be like! Maybe that’s what it’s like to be an angel in heaven.

- Amy Taylor

After reading more online about Amy and watching the Kare 11 Extra on her I am left in tears and inspired by this amazing woman. I'm thankful I was able to be in her life for a short period of time and hope her message of leaving a legacy and truly living life can be one that I adhere to no matter how short or long I live.

2 comments:

Team Tuttle said...

Reading her story truly makes me so thankful for the moments I have every day with my friends & family - for you never know when your time is up. It is a great reminder that life is made to be enjoyed... I love that she says that she's not afraid of dying rather of not living.

Unknown said...

I have a question for you. I'm not sure where to find your email. If you have time pleae email me back. Your sister, Manda, says you might be able to help me out.
Thanks,
Stacy
solson214@msn.com