Monday, December 15, 2008

Baking Weekend

This weekend Mom and Manda came down to make some Christmas goodies. As you can see from the above picture our baking list kept growing. We ended up baking from 8:30 in the morning until around 7:00 Saturday night and ended up with 18 different treats. We all had a blast and agreed this will need to be annual get together.

Auntie Manda definitely is the creative force behind all of the cute cookies. She did take time to help Anthony decorate a few sugar cookies. (I have to agree with Manda that A's cookies could put people in some sort of sugar overload shock!)

Look at the concentration! MORE M&Ms!

Mom making a Tonja-favorite, DATE BALLS! They look kind of interesting, but taste oh so good!

We will definitely do this again next year - it was so much fun to hang out together and get so much done in one day. In the future we would like to keep some tried and true recipes as well as add to our list. (Next year we would like to do popcorn balls, caramels and hard candy.) Anybody out there have a creative, yummy holiday recipe you wouldn't mind sharing with The Hat Trick?

7 comments:

Ashley said...

At the annual Anderson Cookie Day I've made the same treats for the past few years: crunch cups.

12 ozs butterscotch chips
6 ozs chocolate chips
1 1/2 C corn flakes (crushed a bit)
1 C dry-roasted salted peanuts

They are delicious, yet open to interpretation. For instance, you can change the type of nut, or you can use any flavor chips you want. Mint, peanut butter, white chocolate, milk chocolate... if you do decide to go all chocolate, though, I'd suggest using milk chocolate instead of semi-sweet. Or at least more milk choc. They're just too bitter with all semi-sweet. So do what you like best or try different things, and enjoy!

Anonymous said...

Holy moly!!! I have decided that baking will not fit into my holiday schedule this year; looking at these pics makes me think that was a BAD idea! YUMMY!!!

~Mara

Anonymous said...

what are the snowman thingys? And like I said before, holy cookie balls batman! I have the stuff to make Mom's caramels, but don't know if I'll get to it or not.

The Hanson Hat Trick said...

Thanks for the new recipe, Ashley! We'll have to try that one out next year.
There were two snowman thingys, Erin. One was a snowman on a pretzel stick and the other was the melted snowman made out of various ingredients. Both of which Manda created and made so cute. (Mom and I wouldn't be able to make something that yummy and cute.)
The good news is that I already gave all of the goodies away with the exception of Kiss cookies, which are Mark's favorite. All together I had 15 plates of goodies to share with others.
Fun, fun!!

meade said...

Wow, what impressive spread of goodies! Good for you for sharing most of them with friends...I would have been tempted to keep a bunch for myself! What fun!

Team Tuttle said...

I will post a picture of the snowman 'things' on my blog - I didn't want to do it quite yet because I wanted some of the goodies to be a suprise to those who might be receiving. Isn't that the dumbest thing you've ever heard?? Can't imagine that I still love to be suprised at Christmas & believe in Santa! :)

LJFEIER said...

Wow. That's amazing. I'm glad to see someone has some baking skills.