Monday, December 29, 2008

Overwhelmed....

and completely thankful.
This was the view of the "the bus" aka Maxine on the ride home from up north. It was completely packed with thoughtful gifts for all three of us.
We were definitely overwhelmed with the scene and, as stated before, thankful. We have such loving parents who are thoughtful not just at Christmas, but the whole year through. Our moms - Carol and Kathy - have loved becoming grandmas and have been so supportive. In the ten months that Anthony has been home we have purchased one box of diapers and two containers of wipes. That's it. They continue to buy and give and enjoy helping out.
Once again all of that giving leaves me feeling overwhelmed. To tell them to stop would be pointless so I have accepted that this is what happens. However, I'm plagued not with guilt, but rather with how to truly say thank you for the magnitude of their actions. I know they give out of love and without expectation while I continue to accept with a heart full of gratitude. However, it's still overwhelming.
Without a doubt, we are blessed. Not because of the gifts that we traveled home with, but rather the relationships we have with others. We have an amazing network of family and friends who love and support and give throughout the entire year. Even if we traveled home with nothing extra I would still feel the same.
My goal throughout the upcoming year and throughout my life is to give to others what individuals have given me. Hopefully I can be as gracious in my giving, as thoughtful with my words, and as caring with my actions. Hopefully the love I receive from others can be given to those around me leaving them feeling well cared for and truly blessed.

1 comment:

Team Tuttle said...

I love the picture of the 'bus'... Zoey looks completely trapped! You're right - you can only be thankful for everything you're given, for fighting it gets you no where! :) Enjoy!