Thursday, January 1, 2009

Welcome 2009!

Mark and I had plans for New Years, but then he became sick and we decided to stay home. We had a low-key evening of pizza, setting goals/making predictions for the upcoming year and then watching the family favorite - America's Funniest Home Videos.
Then Jenn called from the party giving me a play-by-play of how much fun they were having and who was dressed as what. After hearing about Michael being the Karate Kid and Charlie with a mohawk, I decided to venture out by myself after Anthony went to bed.
Here was the result ---
I had a great time visiting with friends for a couple of hours and welcoming yet another new year in 80s style. Actually the night was a great balance of family and friends with the realization that I've been greatly blessed in both areas of my life. I'm looking forward to another year with all of it's highs and lows and thankful I have so many wonderful individuals to share my life with.

7 comments:

meade said...

Looking sharp, Tonja! Love the one-shoulder sweatshirt and the white plastic sunglasses...if Mark hadn't gotten sick, WHAT was he going to wear??!!

Team Tuttle said...

You look awesome! I want to see the whole shot! I'm glad you were able to get the best of both worlds! Happy 2009! Love ya!

The Hanson Hat Trick said...

Mark's outfit would have been wonderful - he was going as preppy 80s and had a HOT look going. Oh well.

Ashley said...

It is so remarkable the amount of times you acknowledge your blessings and share how grateful you are - even over the little things. You remind me why I love you so much and always will, even though life has distanced us, and you inspire me to be a more positive person because you are the brightest star I've ever met! Truly! I know I do not speak only for myself when I say that all of us who are lucky enough to call you a friend are truly blessed.

P.S. Keep on rockin' the 80's look - it's kinda in style right now. I think you should wear that on your first day back and give the kids a good laugh. :)

Emily said...

Happy New Year! I guess decade theme parties were the way to ring in 2009. Pictures coming to facebook and blog soon!

LJFEIER said...

You know, I LOVE this picture. It should definitely be your facebook main pic. However, you really do need to show people the "whole look"- meaning the matching pink tights and legwarmers!! :)

Unknown said...

I agree with the others - let's see the whole ensemble!