Tuesday, January 27, 2009

"Anthony's Expanding Vocabulary -

New words seem to fly out of his mouth everyday" is officially being retired from blogland. Honestly, Mark and I just cannot keep up with the amount of new words he knows and the stories he's constantly sharing lately.
Just tonight it took awhile to go to bed because he had to recap the day at Renae's house with all of his friends, what the cat's did and the toys he played with. Then he started to talk about what he did this weekend and got stuck on happy birthday. He still believes it was Auntie Manda's and Uncle Damon's birthday. He had to tell me how we went to Papa Willie's basketball game and then we went out for nummies with Auntie Manda, Uncle Damon, Grandma Kathy, Papa Willie, Uncle Erik (it's so cute how he says this), mommy and Anthony. Then he explained that we sang happy birthday. (And then we had to sing happy birthday again tonight. When I sang "Auntie Manda" he once again had to add in Uncle Damon too!)
It's amazing how much he remembers and his ability to recall with accuracy. Just a few months ago this would not have happened at all!

There have been some favorite conversations with Anthony in the last couple of weeks that I will probably always remember and start laughing once again.

A: Mom, my butt hurts.
M: Why? What's wrong?
A: My butt hurts! (He's now standing up in his chair pointing to his butt.) Kiss it, Mom!
M: (Giggling) Sweetheart, I'm not going to kiss your butt.
A: KISS IT! (Then lots of tears)

One day Anthony started to play a game of pointing to a body part and then I would have to kiss it. All was well until he called out his penis.
A: Kiss my pee pee.
M: That's inappropriate. We don't kiss pee pees.
A: KISS MY PEE PEE, MOM!

Then there was the drive home from daycare today. I had the radio off and we were talking about his day at Renae's. Then he started to play a game of "Mommy is a ____" and then I would have to moo or oink or whatever. I kept playing even when he had stopped until he finally said...
A: No, Mom.
M: What? You don't want to play anymore?
A: Turn on the music.
Is it even possible for a two year old to want to listen to music more than talking with his mommy? I thought that behavior was reserved for the teenagers years, but I guess not. I tried to continuing talking and all I heard from the back seat was MUSIC!!!
Yikes!

In just eleven months all of this language and conversation and stories has transpired out of A. What a beautiful gift! I can't wait to see what he comes up with as he continues to grow and learn. I'm sure we'll be in for a wild ride.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love it!

~Mara

Team Tuttle said...

Hey, he's just keeping up with the Johnson tradition... "Would you like a sucker? How about a mint?"... and to think he's catching on at such a young age - it's great! :)

I would have to agree that it is so much fun listening to him talk and the things that he finds to talk about!

Hope you're having a great week!
Love ya!

meade said...

Funny post! It's so fun to read your blog and keep up with funny Anthony stories! By the way, our frog bowl was from IKEA but I received it as a shower gift so it's from a few years ago. Stay warm!

Anonymous said...

That's excellent! I think kids constantly amaze us with what they say...it never ends! Ella's new saying is: "Yes, Captain"; whenever I ask her to do something. Where on earth she got that; I do not know. I miss you guys!