Friday, October 31, 2008

Trick or Treat

Tonight we had a great time getting out in our neighborhood and trick or treating.  Anthony didn't mind the costume (surprise, surprise!) and never once asked to take it off.  (Okay, he wouldn't really ASK.  At least there wasn't any freak outs!)  At first I didn't think it would go so well because he really wasn't into saying trick or treat, getting candy or walking with mommy and daddy.  He was more interested in touching all of the cars in driveways and running through yards.  That is until I gave him the magical sucker.  (I wish I would have thought of that sooner!)  After that he did a great job and had lots of fun.


We originally thought he would be a dog or cow for his first Halloween with us, but Anthony had other ideas.  He saw this costume in Old Navy back in September and loved it when he tried it on.  (I'm thankful that costumes are made much better now than when I was a kid - no more plastic costumes that crack in the cold and hard plastic masks.  The warm, fuzzy, cute outfits are perfect!)  

Anthony hanging out with the neighbor kids - Sophia and Logan.  
Mark's favorite holiday is Halloween and I think he'll have quite the "partner" in the future with Anthony.  In our neighborhood there were two houses that joined together to make their backyards a graveyard with  frightful fun.  (Thankfully they toned it down a bit for Anthony. Okay, I really mean ME.  I hate scary things!) While we walked through the graveyard and other spooky things Anthony just took everything in.  At the end I jumped and screamed when someone popped out of a coffin. Anthony?  He asked for more and wanted to walk through it all again.  
Clearly this father son duo will have lots of fun with future Halloweens.  Who knows what they will come up with.  I prefer cute pumpkin decorations that exude no scariness.  I'm sure that will be vetoed for skeletons, spiders and skulls...
Oh boy.

4 comments:

meade said...

What a great costume! Anthony looks adorable...I'm glad you had a great Halloween!

Anonymous said...

Cute!!! Halloween is great because its equally as fun for all involved!!

hellokittycar said...

I was at Old Navy in search of turtlenecks on Friday and I saw Anthony's costume and I knew he would be super adorable in it! And no big surprise, he was. I love that little tail!

Ashley said...

Sounds like the costume totally fit the kid. How fun! And good luck not getting scared in the future... I'm pretty sure it'll just get worse from here!