Thursday, October 16, 2008

The Shack

I just completed The Shack and I feel compelled to share this book with all of you who keep tabs on The Hanson Hat Trick.  I know it won't be a book that everyone can read, relate to and enjoy; however, there will be individuals out there who are just as touched by this story as I am -- that the message will resonate deeply.  
I love that it's a religious book that defies the religious rules and principles that we all know and perhaps grew up with.  It's more spiritual than religious and more about have relationships rather than expectations or responsibilities.
As I've looked back so many pages are marked as important or passages have been highlighted for various significance.  It seems like every chapter held something new for me to ponder for my own life.
I love that this book challenges me and my believes.  I love that it makes me think beyond church and the different faiths that exist.  

"Those who love me [Jesus is speaking] come from every system that exists.  
They were Buddhists or Mormons, Baptists or Muslims, Democrats, 
Republicans and many who don't vote or are 
not part of any Sunday morning or religious institutions..."

It was a wonderful spiritual journey.  
If you, too, decide to read The Shack I would love to know your thoughts as well.


2 comments:

meade said...

I tried to read it, Tonja! I only made it about halfway through and I just couldn't continue. I REALLY wanted to enjoy it but it just wasn't for me or perhaps I just didn't read it at the right time/mood. Maybe I will try it again in the future...it certainly has been a hot seller at the bookstore.

Anonymous said...

I haven't read it yet, but it is my selection for my book club. I'm looking forward to reading it, especially now after hearing what you had to say. Oh..and yes, this is Kristina. I am still alive.