Saturday, October 25, 2008

Fall Fun

After nap time today we took advantage of the great fall weather and went on a fun family outing to Nathes 101 Market in Otsego.  Mark has been wanting to visit a corn maze since I've known him and we also wanted to pick out our pumpkins for carving.  We were able to do both and have a great time too!

Smile!  Yes, we are dorks who now make our child stick his head through cut out pictures just for the sake of a photo. However, I think you can tell from the photo that A really enjoyed himself. 

The corn maze was really cool and not as "scary" as I thought it would be.  (I always imagined getting lost in the maze and not being able to get out...) Mark did a great job navigating the map and finding our way to the six puzzle clues within the maze.  If you're ever interested in doing the Amazing Race I would definitely recommend Mark to go along with you and be your partner.  He's great with a map as well as a challenge.  I would be much better watching the show and cheering the two of you on!   
Anthony did a great job and only got a bit antsy at the end.  He ended up getting out of the stroller and "helping" daddy find our way.  I love the following picture because they were having a disagreement about which direction we should go.  :)

The shelled corn pit was a big hit for Anthony!  He did more people watching, though, rather than playing.  There were lots of kids to watch and he was excited to do just that.  After he got out we found corn everywhere - we were still finding some after coming home.  

It's hard to believe that the cold is coming and that snow could fly as early as tomorrow after a beautiful day like today.

3 comments:

Sara said...

HI Tonja,
Wow, I never knew you went on strike. I'm sure that was quite the experience. I'd love to hear about it some time. We are also the dorky parents who make their child put their head in cut-outs for the sake of photos. We just did it with Isla last weekend at a pumpkin patch. I love fall fun too, and am hoping the snow holds off for a long time. I love the fall weather and being outside. Take care,
Sara

Team Tuttle said...

I love these pictures - did I ever mention just how cute my newphew is?!?! Yes, Newphew (because he's new in our family.:)) He he!

Hope you have a great Monday!

love ya! :)

hellokittycar said...

I love the parting ways picture! How adorable. Just one of a million fun moments to come with AJ!