Friday, July 23, 2010

Pesto Cheesy Chicken Rolls

I LOVE allrecipes.com! Even though this particular recipe was declared "icky" by Anthony because he's anti-chicken lately, Mark and I both enjoyed it. Got to love when super easy to prepare is combine with super delicious to eat! A definite win-win in my book!

Ingredients:
4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts halves - pounded to 1/4 thickness
On a random side note, this was the best part of this recipe! For my birthday the boys got me a meat tenderizer and it was fun to try it out for the first time. I have a feeling I might be cooking up something to "tenderize" after stressful work days this school year!
1 cup prepared basil pesto
4 thick slices mozzarella cheese

Directions:
Preheat the oven to 350
Spread 2-3 tablespoons of the pesto onto each flattened chicken breast. Place once slice of cheese over the pesto. Roll up tightly and secure with toothpicks. Place in a lightly greased baking dish.
Bake uncovered for 45-50 minutes until chicken in nicely browned and juices run clear.

2 comments:

Sara said...

This sounds great!!! We'll have to try it. I'm growing basil this summer so maybe I'll even make my own basil pesto sauce. Plus, Mason loves anything with cheese. Can't wait!

Sara said...

Ha, I had to go out and buy a meat tenderizer....turns out I didn't have one either. Now I can make this recipe and do it justice. Thanks for sharing!