Saturday, April 16, 2011

Easter Zombie Visit

Our visit to the Easter Bunny was a memorable one this morning!  Mark and I were in charge of two more kids, which, honestly, was a little worrisome at first (especially for Mark!).  However, it went off without a major hitch.  Andie slept the whole time we ate and Adele was so hungry that she spent most of the time sitting and eating instead of venturing out into the crowd.  Anthony was just glad to have Adele's company for eating breakfast and chair dancing that he did a fabulous job too.

After we finished eating we got into a very short line to await our turn with the big bunny.  (There might have been a reason the line was so short...)  Here's where the real adventure with the kiddos begins!

With hesitation and then growing terror Anthony quietly asks while starting to hide behind us,
"Where are the Easter Bunny's eyes?!"
Mark and I look up and then start to giggle.  Clearly the eyes spots are mesh so whoever is inside can see out.  However, the bunny does look quite morbid and scary for the wee ones.  It appears to have no eyes at all.  Nice.  We've brought the kids to zombie, freaky, horror show Easter Bunny!

When our turn came up both Anthony and Adele were hesitant to go sit with this big, fluffy eyeless bunny.  To show them all was well I put Andie down first right by the bunny.  (Sorry sweet girl!  You had no chance to opt out being you are such a little peanut.  Forgive me!)  Anthony felt a little more comfortable sitting down being that Andie was the buffer between him and horror bunny.  Adele, though, was a completely different story.  We put her to the right of the bunny and she immediately hopped off not wanting to spend even a second by this deranged creature.  So we placed her by the other A's. 
CHEESE!  
SMILE!  
LOOK HAPPY & NOT TOTALLY FREAKED OUT!
I just want to quickly get one cute shot...
(Notice how Anthony is totally holding onto Adele and she has a mixture of a smile, but mostly fear written all over her face...)

Upon hearing the crying Anthony checks out Adele to make sure she's okay, but is holding onto her with a death grip.
DON'T LEAVE ME!
Adele can't handle this anymore; she plans her escape even though Anthony is trying desperately to keep her by his side.  Andie's eyes plead with her big sissy, "TAKE ME TOO!  DON'T LEAVE ME HERE!"
 Um...where's Adele?
 Um...where's Andie?!
I have to sit here by myself?!
Are
you 
serious?!
Oh well.
I'll give a quick smile so momma can take the shot,
but then I am out of here!
See you later eyeless, horror, zombie bunny!
PS - Be sure to bring me treats when I'm up north
celebrating Easter, but I really don't need to see you again...

4 comments:

ClubChanga5 said...

my cat is wondering why I have been giggling for the last 3 minutes while reading this post (he is sitting next to me and the laptop). This totally cracks me up!! The captions are too funny!! This is so funny. You and Mark are so awesome!! Thank you for including the girls on your adventure! And thanks to Anthony for letting the girls pal around with him!! I'm going to look at these pictures again and giggle some more!!!

Luke F said...

I have never met an Easter Bunny that I've not planned an escape route around. We found one today that was as equally terrifying. I clenched a plastic fork in my hand as a weapon of defense in case he sank his buck-teeth into my kids' neck. What are the designers of these horrid costumes thinking?

Team Tuttle said...

Bwaaahh! That is hilarious! That bunny really didn't have any eyes - scary! I would be scared too! Just so you know, I know of an Easter Bunny up north at his a LOT more fun and cutier looking too! :) Thanks for the laugh!

Emerson, Brockton and Marquette Hare said...

If you are going to the Easter Bunny, might as well make it creepy. That's what I always say.