Tuesday, April 26, 2011

The Annual Johnson Egg Hunt



The Annual Johnson Egg Hunt was even more fun this year because Asher was old enough to participate!  He loved grabbing the eggs, throwing them, chasing after them and throwing them some more.  Actually putting them in the bucket and moving onto the next one really wasn't exactly what this 16 month old had in mind.  While Asher's eggs were hidden in the front yard the Easter Bunny hid all of A's eggs in the backyard.  He, too, had a great time searching high and low to find every last egg and was excited to find a bunch of change in his eggs.  He's already decided that he needs to go to the store and buy something.



PS -  Before going outside for the egg hunt Anthony found his Easter basket from the Bunny.  After we looked at everything I suggested he go and tell Grammie & Papa thank you.  
He gave me quite the look and I was completely clueless.
Again, I said he should thank his grandparents.
Still clueless.
Finally he looked at me and said, "MOM.  Why would I thank Grammie and Papa when the Easter Bunny brought me my basket?."
Aaaaahhhhh....  OOPS!
Quickly I picked up the card that was in the basket too.  "Because they gave you such a nice card.  You should thank them for that."
Clearly I need to work on my Easter Bunny, Santa Claus, Tooth Fairy cover.
Shesh!

No comments: