Sunday, December 5, 2010

Shalom




For so many years the road to grandma's house was just a short drive from Grand Rapids. Now in hindsight, I wish we would have taken that trip more often. We could have had more conversations, more chances to get to know one another, and more time together. I so wish there could have been more time --- just one more visit.
On Friday we took a final trip to Chisholm to see grandma. This time, though, we were saying our goodbyes and thanking her for her life, love and the legacy of family she leaves behind. It was clear, though, that her presence is going to be so dearly missed as we continue on with our life journeys.
While visiting and spending time together with the family I married into I was filled with extreme gratitude. I am so fortunate to be a part of the Pluth/Hanson/Steenberg family. The gift of their friendship, love and togetherness as a family is not lost on me.
I look forward to more visits with them, more conversations getting to know one another and more time. Every visit will be cherished and appreciated with the memory of Grandma Jean lingering in the ether.




No comments: