Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Chubby People

Anthony's art work has taken a new turn as of yesterday. Instead of drawing lines, circles and a bunch of scribbles he's now perfecting people.
"Chubby people" according to A.
I happen to LOVE these chubby portraits; they're so much better than the standard stick figures.
This particular drawing is one of me...
two arms,
two legs,
eyes, nose, smile, chin,
and
???
MOLE!
Clearly he's not leaving out any important details.
Of course I was beyond excited and made a huge deal out of this new development.
Anthony was much more nonchalant.
"Mom, I am four."
Duh!
How silly of me!

4 comments:

Sara said...

OMG Tonja! That pic is great! Isla does the same thing. Usually her legs are really long with the head on top, but still SO cute. Isla is thrilled to be 4 now. She thinks she's so "big" now. Love your christmas card, ours will be on the way!!

Emerson, Brockton and Marquette Hare said...

http://www.learningdesign.com/Portfolio/DrawDev/kiddrawing.html


I am a huge nerd but I have always loved this chart. A is right on track!

Team Tuttle said...

As your sister, I have to point out that I love that he has choosen to put your mole on the drawing. Yep, the mole that I have loved for so many years. Admired really... I love that kid. :)

Ashley said...

One of my favorite projects with the preschoolers is to have them draw self-portraits two or three times a year to see how they have changed. It's so funny to look back in May at September's pictures!