Tuesday, August 3, 2010

MOMcation

According to Google a MOMcation is:
a vacation for Mom, away from the kids, with the goal of relaxing, renewing, and repairing mom so she can be an even greater Mom when she returns home.
I really dislike admitting this, but I needed a MOMcation. I think I needed it even more than I realized at the time.
Last week A went up north to spend some time with my parents while I spent a little Tonja time at home. The best part was that he was so excited to go. He woke me up at 5:30 Wednesday morning asking if he could go to Grandma Kathy's house now. Two seconds later he would ask again...and again...and again... It's nice that he's at the age now that he gets excited too and really wants to go visit loved ones.
G-ma and G-pa Johnson took Anthony camping for two days and then they visited Paul Bunyan's Animal Land in Bemidji with Uncle Airwick. When I met to pick him up on Sunday it was very clear that the animals were the highlight of his whole up north adventure. He was talking loud and quick about the camel and then the lions and the monkeys and the deer. It was evident that he had a great time.
Thanks to Uncle Airwick I got to see just what A was up to on his adventure up north.
The camel is seriously huge, but he loved it. YIKES!
I love this photo.
Maybe Anthony is a llama whisperer!
I've heard about the deer multiple times since being home.
He loved feeding them.
This is the face I love and missed.

Thank you dad, mom and Erik! I think I enjoyed my MOMcation just as much as you enjoyed having A around for a few days.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

our time with Anthony was fun. we did lots of things while camping and the animal park, and, of course, don't forget the garden and making pickles. you need vacation mom so send him our way anytime. love ya!!!!!

The Hanson Hat Trick said...

HOLY COW! Is this an actual comment written by my MOM! I LOVE IT! Welcome to the blog, KathJ! :)

Ashley said...

Isn't sending them to the grandparents SO great?! That farm looks so cool! How neat that he can walk right up to the animals. That's way cooler than a regular, small-scale petting zoo.