Thursday, August 12, 2010

Minnesota Museum of Mining

Today we traveled to Grandma Carol's hometown of Chisholm to visit the Minnesota Museum of Mining. Even though it was intermittently sprinkling it turned out to be another great up north adventure for Anthony. (Maybe it's because he had his own personal tour guide! Grandma Carol worked there giving guided tours when she was in high school.)
I highly recommend this adventure if you (1) have a child who loves to run around and climb on everything and (2) you like cheap entertainment. The best part is that Anthony was able to see everything up close. He climbed on all of the heavy equipment, saw the inside of trains and did so with a very small crowd of people. This will be a place I'm sure we'll visit again. Hopefully next time Asher will be old enough to fully enjoy it as well.
Grandma and A checking out the inside of some rig.
(I'll apologize now.
I definitely do not know my mining equipment lingo.)
Anthony...
and Asher!
The enormousness of the "scoops" were unbelievable.
I cannot imagine operating these machines.

A#2 enjoying the inside of an old train.

The absolute best part of this adventure for Anthony was the dump truck. It is an exact replica of the one he plays with in his sandbox except this one was
HUGE.
He loved "driving" it; I was absolutely in awe of it's size.
Amazing.




Anthony's thoughts:
WOW! What can I climb on next?
Anthony's momma's thoughts:
I wonder how many accidents I would get in driving something like this?
YIKES!

2 comments:

LJFEIER said...

Oh, my. This would be Ry & Cam's dream museum. Sign us up!
By the way, Ash is a total cutie. Wow!

ClubChanga5 said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE the photo of Anthony driving the tractor. And the one of Asher above is perfect! You take the best pictures T! I'm glad you had a great time at home.