Wednesday, August 4, 2010

The Infamous Yellow Dress

Thanks to the wonders of technology, the social networking site called facebook and it's 500 million plus users I was tagged in this photo yesterday by another class of 1995 DRHS graduate.
I think I could have gone without EVER seeing this picture again.
Ninth grade Snowball...
I remember driving up to Bemidji with my mom and finding a yellow dress. Most people would have the common sense to know that a yellow, sequined dress would be a bad choice. Apparently everyone but me, that is.
Mom and I ate at Bonanza to talk over my dress options. She and I both liked the yellow one so that's what I went with. To top it off I got matching yellow shoes with a clip-on white flower to go on top. I honestly thought I was being fun, original and expressing myself with a color I have always loved.
Turns out I had made another fashion blunder.
For whatever reason I never quite got it right and I still struggle with making the right choices when it comes to clothes. This picture proves what I have been saying all along. I need Stacy and Clinton's help from TLC's show What Not to Wear!

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Ton, this picture is HILARIOUS.

Anonymous said...

Is that my wife between Kristina and you?
-Charlie

The Hanson Hat Trick said...

Yep! Isn't she sexy?! :)

Sara said...

Ok I think we all have fashion blunders from our youth. I look at my pictures from back then and think "dear god, why am I dressed like that??" Glad you're brave enough to share it with everyone, it makes us feel better about our own fashion issues.

LJFEIER said...

Are you sure you graduated in 19-NINETY-5? I'm thinking 19-EIGHTY-5 for sure.

The Hanson Hat Trick said...

Jenn --- You probably didn't grow up realizing this being you were a South St. Paul girl, but living in the Northland is like living in a time warp. Good ole Deer River fashion was always behind on the times. :)

Ashley said...

OMG, that is soooo nineties! Look at all the big hair and bangs, too! Haha!

Luke said...

OOFDA!