Tuesday, June 29, 2010

The Strawberry Patch





On Friday we visited a local farm in Monticello with the Feierabend Fam (thanks for the invite once again!) to pick fresh strawberries. The experience was fun, cheap and it didn't take long at all to fill up our buckets. The berries are delicious and ready to be harvested.
Today A and I visited another local farm to pick strawberries once again with the intent to freeze and save for yummy future desserts. I was bummed to find it was closed, but Anthony was just beside himself in the back seat.
Don't they know I want to pick strawberries, Momma?

I really think it was more about the "quality control", aka eating rather than picking, but he was still upset. The whining over strawberries made me smile. (Yes, whining made me smile. Amazing, huh?!) I was glad that he had fun doing this and wanted to experience it once again.
Looks like tomorrow we'll be heading back to the Strawberry Basket.

2 comments:

Sara said...

Our garden produced enough strawberries to make a batch of freezer jam this year. It's so good. If you get enough, you should make it. Anthony would love to help and it's pretty easy. The recipe is inside the SureGel boxes. And it's WAY good!

Ashley said...

I just planted strawberries this year, and my father-in-law tells me they won't produce until next fall, so I should definitely scope out a strawberry patch! Jackson would love it, and the pictures are making me drool! Mmmmm...