Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Leech Lake

Although the name sounds unappealing, North Star on Leech Lake is one of my all-time favorite places to be in this world. My family starting going there before I was born and I spent every summer growing up visiting this beloved spot. The lake has an amazing sandy beach that spans the entire length of the campground and beyond; the water seems to go on forever before you get to the drop off point. This place holds so many wonderful memories with various individuals in my life. While we were there I kept think of story after story of being with my siblings and cousins as well as always camping with my bff Erin. What fun we had!
We were absolutely excited that after a hiatus of a few years we were going back to camp at North Star. This camping trip was even more special because it was the first time our AJs - Anthony James and Asher John - were experiencing it too. Our weekend up at the lake was a cooler one with little sunshine; however, it still was a great trip with more memories being made with family. I'm looking forward to many more trips like this in the future.

The wind was blowing and the white caps were rolling in when we got there Friday afternoon.
That didn't stop Anthony, though, from wanting to test out the water.
"Lobster" hunting with Uncle Airwick and Auntie Manda proved to be a highlight of the weekend for A.
Grandma Kathy, however, wasn't as excited about the "lobsters" that were caught. (I'm not a big fan either...)
Mom and Chester enjoying some time on the beach.
Baby Asher is quite the camper! He's so easy going and loved being outside with everyone.
There were many trips into the water for Anthony and many trips running out wanting to get warm. I started to get worried, but then I realized I did the same thing at his age. One just cannot resist this beautiful lake!
A exploring once again with Uncle Airwick.
Erik and Ash
Family photo
Back into the water once again.
Anthony always has to have a goofy pose...
before doing just a regular picture.
As always Sunday came too fast and with it came the calm lake and beautiful sunshine. It was a picture perfect day to pack it up and head home. Hopefully we'll be able to head up there once again, if not more, this summer.

3 comments:

LJFEIER said...

Great pics! Look like you made the best of the weather!

Jo said...

Looks like you had a great time. I remember camping up there as well and it was always fun.

Team Tuttle said...

Dear North Star,
I love you and want to go back... who likes work anyways?
Love, Manda :)