Monday, March 30, 2009

Tonight's Funny

Tonight while eating supper I was talking to Mark about asperger syndrome and students that have been in my classroom who had this diagnosis. Anthony was busy eating and not paying too close to our conversation or so I thought. After swallowing the massive amount of taco soup on his spoon he blurts out, "ASS BURGER". (Granted, asperger sounds an awful lot like ass burger and overall it's just an awful moniker for a syndrome that impacts school-age children. Knowing our luck this will be his new word to use at daycare and various other places.) The hard part is to remain expressionless (not burst out laughing) and try steering the conversation somewhere safe and void of swear words. Mark and I really tried hard not to laugh, but we were overcome by giggles, which caused a couple more ass burgers to fly out of his mouth.
Oops.
Oh boy.
ASS BURGER.
It really was hilarious!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE these stories! About a month ago, Rylee and Reagan were in the backseat telling Diego and I all about the Disney pop star Ashley TITSdale. We about DIED!

Team Tuttle said...

He He! I can't imagine having to keep a straight face - mom's are rock solid... Aunties don't have to be! I would have definitely lost it! :)

Millers said...

Tonja,
Tomorrow night will you please talk to Mark about your "pussinhood" and see what Anthony says? I will be standing by to laugh my butt off!
(for all of you reading this post and wondering about 'pussinhood', I promise, its nothing naughty, just ask Tonja!)

The Hanson Hat Trick said...

Oh good Lord, Miss Jennifer! STOP! Thanks for the great bedtime laugh. :)

Sara said...

Oh my goodness Tonja, that is hilarious!! I know that is right around the corner for us. Isla says and repeats all kinds of things, we have to be so careful. I'll be sure to let you know what she blurts out one of these days!

Erin said...

Funny stuff, and agreed why would they name it that?

meade said...

WAY too funny! Ryan and I had a good laugh about this story!

Emily said...

I hadn't herd this term and didn't know it was till one of my bosses was asking me about when I was right out of high school. I really did think she was asking me if I had heard of Ass Burgers and I couldn't figure out what she was talking about! Thankfully I didn't say anything embarrassing to let on to what I thought she had said.

I think it finally clicked a few months later when I read the term somewhere!

Ashley said...

And to think all I hear from the kids every day at work is "fuck" for truck and "shit" for sit.