Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Seriously?

Just this weekend I purchased a new flat iron at Target, which was greatly needed being the old one was only heating up on one side.  For whatever reason I decided to read the use and care guide.  Under the Important Safety Instructions Remington has fifteen WARNINGS listed, which seem, to me, to be an unusually high amount of warnings.  Of course I had to read on to make sure I would reduce the risk of a burn, fire, electric shock or injury.  
My favorite warning happens to be #6.  
"Never use while sleeping."  
Seriously?
Does Remington hire a team of people to sit in a room and come up with a list of these?  How is it that "never use while sleeping" even came close to being on the published list of fifteen?  Did someone actually fall asleep while using their flat iron and then had the audacity to sue the company?
Interesting.
Perhaps that could be my Plan X - work for Remington and come up with ridiculous and laughable precautions.

PS - I guess I should note that I burnt my finger the first time using my new and wonderful flat iron.  Perhaps I should have read the warnings with a bit more seriousness.  

4 comments:

meade said...

Personally, I always straighten my hair when I'm sleeping...I find it saves alot of time in the morning.
Just think of the money someone made to come up with the list of fifteen warnings. What brain trust came up with these obvious warnings?!

Team Tuttle said...

I love it - was one of the warnings... Do not Iron in the Bathtub? Cause I like to hit two birds with one stone! :)The other thing I love is ... I'm pretty sure I have NEVER ironed a piece of clothing since I've known Damon - and years before... that's why I love you!

The Hanson Hat Trick said...

Thank you for the great laugh today, Manda! I seriously did write a comment last week, but then erased it because I didn't want to sound too mean. I now am glad that I waited and talked to you via phone regarding your little mix-up.
Let's go over what you learned today:
An iron is something you use on your clothes to take out the wrinkles.
A FLAT iron is something you use on your hair to make it straight.
Clearly you don't own or use either of those items!
Love you little sis!
Thanks again for the wonderful, tears flowing down laugh.

Team Tuttle said...

HA! Yes, it is apparent that in my life my clothes are wrinkly and my hair is already straight! I cannot stop laughing over this topic - just wait til I tell the ladies at work! :) If I had only read Meade's comment - that could of been the first of many hints! he he he! :)